Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dun Dun Dunnnnn...you knew it was coming!


RELIGION! Jesus christ it will be the end of us all! Okay so I wasn't always against religion, I used to go to church with my parents and I did the whole Sunday school deal. But as I have grown, I realized how it was all fake. Not just christianity but all religions, they are just ideas created in someone's mind because society was in a panic and needed some comfort. I don't know who was in my class but in 9th grade we even learned this! Mr. Hurd was teaching us about the different religions and how they were created and we learned that the people needed some higher power to give them hope. If that doesn't make you question religion, then just look at all the ridiculous teachings! Give me a break, if you believe in Adam and Eve then you have accepted the fact that incest is how we came to be on this planet. Don't forget about zeus! You know our society kind of disregards this as just a fairy tale, but the Greeks and Romans believed in these gods like christians believe in jesus. Oh and what's with the waiting until you're married to have sex? Um personally, I would want to know if the guy is bad in bed before we're married. And what's with all of the rules? The seven deadly sins? Who's to say what is a sin or not? Is "god" going to send you to hell just because you called someone a dumb ass? Oh right, he's all forgiving, the whole died for our sins bit. Then where does hell come in? I'll tell you where it comes in, it was a lesson to teach kids. A lesson to scare them so they don't do bad things. You know a story is always better than just flat out telling someone the truth(sarcasim right there). There you have it! I can come up with much more but unfortunately I must go to work to earn money so i can go spend it on myself and be sent to hell because of gluttony!

3 comments:

Mr. Gorbachev said...

ahahaha yesssss! I love the cartoon too!

oh, by the way...you might want to fix "A story to scare them so they do bad things." I believe you were looking for a [don't] and couldn't find it...well there you go! here he is! I even caged him up so he couldn't run away!

:)yum rants

Raoul Duke said...

I LOVE IT =)

your so right what is it should be your choice how you live your life not some "god" who may or may not exist

MemphisKell said...

Dr. Gonzo, I was just wondering, did the teacher specifically tell you that organized religion was a result of "needing hope"? Hmmm.