Saturday, March 15, 2008

Middletown?!?!!

Middle of nowhere to be exact! Last night my friend Amanda and I went out to Montrose to see my friends' band play. Well obviously we got lost, little heads up, PA has no street signs. We ended up in a place called Middletown and decided to turn around and stopped at a gas station to ask where we were. Turns out the street we needed was right across from the station! So as we're turning onto Quaker Lake Rd, we notice that there is no sign anywhere. Well how the hell would we have known that this was the road we needed?! Anyways we found Montrose (very small town) and got there just in time to hear the last couple songs of the only band I really wanted to see. They were good, check them out at www.myspace.com/datheband. Then we stayed for another band and wow they sucked. They looked like a bunch of kids and it was a "scream-o" band. The singer had short, spiked hair, a tank top, and athletic shorts; he looked like he was a year or two older than my brother(who is 13). But that's okay because the ride home was unbelievable. So we drove back the exact way we came and after about 15 mins, we hit this really bad fog. I was driving 10 mph with the lights on low for about 5 mins. Then when we finally got out of the fog, there was a sign that said, "Welcome to the City of Binghamton"! We came out right near the Number 5 restaurant and just headed down the Vestal Parkway. Now let's see, even if we didn't get lost going to Montrose, it still would have taken us at least 40 mins to get to the show. But on our way home after a little more than 15mins, we were in Bing./Vestal!?!?! How does that happen? We went the SAME way we came, I made no other turns than the one we were supposed to make. I think it was the fog, but I guess we'll never know. It was a fun little road trip though and we ended with some Taco Bell!

1 comment:

lizayouloveit said...

just to let you know middletown is halfway to CT. I've been to the commons there before. but i hope you had fun at your show!